Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcakes

I decided to try out a few pumpkin cupcake recipes this week in honor of Thanksgiving. The first was off a gluten free blog. Pretty good, but not pumpkiny enough for my taste. So I branched out and found a "regular" recipe and adapted it to be gluten free.

I should take a moment and say that i used to think bloggers that baked by weight were a little crazy. I must say that I've recently been converted, since my cupcakes bake up perfect every time I do. So, if you're going to adapt a regular recipe, at least for cupcakes, here's a recommendation:

1 c all purpose flour= 250g of gluten free flours

Within that you definitely want to blend your grains and starches. One that's worked good for me for cupcakes is:

 2 parts brown rice flour, 1 part white rice flour, 1 part tapioca flour (starch)

The original recipe can be found here

I used 219g brown rice flour, then 109g each of white rice flour and tapioca flour.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Oh my amazingness.  Gluten free pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese filling and brown sugar icing.  So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment